Codes of Standards
Ethical standards are the cornerstone of our advocacy work. CFA Institute members around the world adhere to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
CFA Institute publishes ethical and professional standards, research and position papers that lead the investment industry in setting the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct.
In evidence: Standards of Practice Handbook, Tenth Edition (effective 1 July 2010) Investment Management Code of Conduct for Endowments, Foundations, and Charitable Organizations Code of Conduct for Members of a Pension Scheme Governing Body
Asset Manager Code of Professional Conduct
In the wake of high-profile investment scandals, providing skeptical investors with confidence in your firm’s commitment to high standards of ethical and professional conduct is paramount.
One way asset management firms can do this is through voluntary compliance with an objective standard developed by a globally respected leader in the investment profession.
The Asset Manager Code of Professional Conduct provides a robust framework for affirming investor interests.
Asset Manager Code of Professional Conduct – Italian translation Asset Manager Code of Professional Conduct – Presentation (Italian) Asset Manager Code of Professional Conduct – CFA Institute webpage
Statement of Investor Rights
The Statement of Investor Rights is a list of principles intended to help buyers of financial service products demand the conduct they are entitled to expect from financial service providers.
WHEN ENGAGING THE SERVICES OF FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS AND ORGANIZATIONS, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO...
- Honest, competent, and ethical conduct that complies with applicable law;
- Independent and objective advice and assistance based on informed analysis, prudent judgment, and diligent effort;
- My financial interests taking precedence over those of the professional and the organization;
- Fair treatment with respect to other clients;
- Disclosure of any existing or potential conflicts of interest in providing products or services to me;
- Understanding of my circumstances, so that any advice provided is suitable and based on my financial objectives and constraints;
- Clear, accurate, complete and timely communications that use plain language and are presented in a format that conveys the information effectively;
- An explanation of all fees and costs charged to me, and information showing these expenses to be fair and reasonable;
- Confidentiality of my information;
- Appropriate and complete records to support the work done on my behalf.
The Ten Points (Italian) The Ten Points (English)
The Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) are voluntary standards based on the fundamental principles of full disclosure and fair representation of investment performance results. A global standard for investment performance reporting gives investors around the world the additional transparency they need to compare and evaluate investment managers.
Download the current GIPS standards (2010 edition) Learn about how the GIPS standards were created