31 March 2021
Collaborative Women in Investment Management (WIM) Initiative
CFA Society Italy is proud to support the Collaborative Women In Investment Management (WIM) Initiative, a partnership among 70 CFA societies and FPA chapters across US, Canada, EMEA and LatAm that have created a unique program to empower female professionals across all facets of the finance industry, to support the advancement and development of female leaders of all backgrounds, as well as to celebrate their accomplishments and to establish a broad-based community and share resources to promote our shared vision of inclusion, diversity and equity in capitalism.
With a combined member base exceeding 60,000, this partnership will enhance networking opportunities at all levels and facilitate the formation of a peer support system for members. The CFA Society network also sees the new world of virtual programming as an opportunity to build a global community, and to share resources to create exceptional programs.
The Collaborative WIM initiative is led by a Steering Committee comprised of CFA Society leaders:
- Sarah Yao Schutzman, CFA, Managing Partner, Providence Heights Capital Management LLC (on behalf of CFA Society Indianapolis WIM)
- Arielle Bittoni, CFA, Chief Wealth Strategist, Refresh Investments LLC (on behalf of CFA Society Los Angeles Women’s Member Community)
- Christine Tinker, CFA, Equity Portfolio Manager, Northern Trust Asset Management (on behalf of CFA Society Chicago Women’s Network)
- Victoria Prescott, CFA, Associate Director, Capital Markets & Investor Relations at Realty Income Corporation (on behalf of CFA Society San Diego Advocacy Committee)
- Regina Gaysina, Vice President, Municipal Finance at RBC Capital Markets (on behalf of CFA Society New Mexico Women’s Advisory Committee)
Sarah Yao Schutzman, CFA, Managing Partner of Providence Heights Capital Management LLC explained, “Despite immense progress towards diversity, the reality remains that there are still relatively few women in senior leadership roles and even fewer minority women. This means that women often lack the natural mentorship and sponsorship that tends to take place at the middle and senior levels, necessitating that they work harder to establish their own support network. We hope that this initiative will help to inspire young female professionals to shoot for the highest positions of leadership within their organizations.”
Collaborative WIM Events
The Collaborative WIM initiative held its inaugural event on 29 September 2020, hosted virtually by the CFA Society Chicago Women’s Network. This was the first in a series of programs designed to celebrate female leaders and inspire young professionals.
MAY 6, 2021
CFA Society Los Angeles hosts “The Myth of Fearlessness” with Mary Poffenroth, STEM Faculty at San Jose University.