07 November 2023
The CFASI Career Mentoring Program is an initiative dedicated to new charterholders and supported by the CFA Society Italy network: it is a mentoring programme in which a novice professional (“mentee”) works on his/her professional and/or development goals through the support of a more experienced professional (“mentor”) outside his/her company.
This includes the opportunity to connect with a mentor with whom the mentees can share their professional experiences and ambitions and who can guide and inspire them in their career development. The Career Mentoring Programme also offers a unique opportunity to develop one’s network within CFA Society Italy.
For 2023, the initiative will be offered in the three months between November and January 2024.
What a mentee is expected to do:
- Give impetus to the relationship (be proactive in setting the pace and direction to achieve expected results);
- Identify realistic goals and timelines and share them with the mentor;
- Be prepared for each meeting;
- Communicate regularly and effectively with regular updates;
- Accept feedback and constructive criticism;
- Be open to new ideas and step out of your comfort zone;
- Know when to ask for help.
What a mentor is expected to do
- Guide the mentee in identifying realistic and achievable goals;
- Be willing to share work and personal experiences;
- Have effective skills in human capital development;
- Enhance the mentee's strengths;
- Give constructive feedback and advice.
What a mentor and a mentee are expected to do
- Respect the confidentiality agreement with their mentor/mentee. Be aware of possible cultural differences in understanding what is confidential;
- Ensure that expectations for the mentoring relationship are discussed from the beginning and managed appropriately throughout the relationship.
If you are interested in becoming a mentee, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 November 2023 stating:
- Your contact details;
- Your CV;
- A brief motivation for your interest in participating in the programme, e.g. indicating what goals, doubts and curiosities you would like to share with your mentor;
- Your areas of interest (indicate one or more areas):
- Portfolio Management;
- Private Banking/Family Office;
- Investment Banking;
- Capital Markets;
- Quantitave Methods/Big Data;
- Women in Finance/Diversity.