This event is dedicated to whoever has an interest in learning more about a specific profession within the financial services sector.
The CFA for Your Profession series offers the opportunity to meet senior professionals with first-hand experience in a specific field. The series is an exclusive benefit of CFA Society Italy Members and Junior Members and is not open to non Members.
Wealth management can be a landing point or a starting point of your career, depending on your attitude.
We will explore what it is like to start in the investment research and then discover your own calling in the private banking industry through the story of our guest, whose career spans across international asset and wealth managers in the UK, Switzerland, Luxembourg and major entrepreneurial projects lately.
Valentina Valdameri, CFA, Senior Business Development Manager - Legal&General Investment Management
CFA, Senior Business Development Manager - Legal&General Investment Management
Valentina Valdameri is a Senior Business Development Manager at Legal&General Investment Management (LGIM) and a volunteer at CFA Society Italy. She joined LGIM in 2019 from Legg Mason Global Asset Management where she held the title of Business Development Manager for the Italian market, having joined the firm in 2014. She started her career in 2012 as client service officer for State Street Global Advisors. She graduated with a MSc in Business and Entreprise Law at Bocconi University in 2013. She is a CFA Charterholder since 2019.
CFA for Your Profession – Senior Career in Private Banking
Alida Carcano, CFA - CIO & Board Member, BG Valeur
CFA - CIO & Board Member, BG Valeur
Alida has more than 30 years experience in the banking sector at a global level. She held several prestigious roles of responsibility within Deutsche Bank, UBS, Lombard Odier; she was Managing Director at Credit Suisse, covering the position of Global Head Investment Products Strategy as a Member of the Global Advisory Council of the Private Wealth Unit of the bank.
In 2009 she founded Valeur Investments, which in 2018 she sold to Banca Generali (now BG Valeur). She is a shareholder of Valori Asset Management, Lagom Family Advisors and MdotM.
After graduating magna cum laude at Università Commerciale L. Bocconi in Milan, she obtained her CFA Charter 1994; since 1996 she has held numerous positions within the CFA Institute: she founded the CFA Society Italy in 1999 and was nominated Governor from 2005 to 2008. Alida is a member of 100 Women in Finance and an active volunteer for Swiss Sustainable Finance. She has supported since the beginning the “Fuori classe della Scuola“ initiative, offering scholarships to talented students of Italian high schools.
- Registrations are closed.
- A kind reminder with instructions to connect to the Zoom platform will be sent to all registered participants on 20 April.
- CFA Institute and CFA Society Italy Regular and Affiliate members can self report PL credits accessing their account page on the CFA Institute website.
- If you are Member of another Local Society and your request of participation is rejected, please write to email@example.com indicating the name of your Society and your CFA Institute ID and we will be happy to readmit you, according to the CFA Institute Passport Program.
- The event is usually held in Italian. If you prefer the use of English please make a request at the beginning of the meeting.